To choose the best free VPN for your needs, for example, Kodi Firestick, you need to plan to test more options. Many of the best VPN software companies have a free version of their product that has most of the same features, except they can support ads or have limited bandwidth. Since these are not the business-breakers for most people, free VPN solutions are great options.
There are some components of the VPN software that you should take a look at before deciding on your free VPN for Mac or Windows. Where are the servers located geographically? If the company has no servers available in your country, you may want to reconsider using that particular software. You should also take a look at the ease of use of the product itself. Some free VPN products offer many features, such as a free VPN proxy, but require a high level of technical skill. Another area to examine is whether the VPN tracks the traffic and browsing logs of its users. If security and anonymity are the most important to you, then you want a VPN that states that it does not track your data and has a high-end encryption as part of the software it offers. There are also a number of free VPNs for Mac computers, so if you have an Apple computer, it’s important to make sure that your VPN supports your operating system.
There’s a reason why free VPNs do not cost money – you usually pay for something else (malware / limited data / ads). Of the more than 100 free VPNs we have tested, we have identified 5 that we recommend. We will also explain how to get the most expensive VPN for free …
VPNs are one of the best options to protect your privacy, encrypt your data and change your geographic location.
Premium services are much better in providing secure, private Internet access without geoblock addresses. And, unfortunately for users, these services often cost money.
Luckily, there are some VPN providers out there that are FREE to use, and they do not come with serious limitations.
What’s the trick?
There is no such thing as getting something for nothing, and a free VPN is no different. As with any free service, you’ll end up paying for it one way or another. We have tested over 100 free VPN services and some of the problems encountered were relatively limited, such as limited data or a slow connection, which makes it a problem of streaming and torrenting. We also found more serious problems that included bad cryptography, targeted ads and a privacy violation.
We found several VPNs that proved reliable and reliable. They are not absolutely perfect, but they will do the job for free.
So if you’re on a three-day trip to Turkey,Russia,China etc. and you need to be able to access censored content, there are some free VPNs that can do it without having to worry about privacy or malware issues.
We have found that VPNs are also ideal for occasional use, for example if you want to encrypt data while on an unsecure network. Sure, they may not have a server in each country, but chances are you do not need a server in Nicaragua.
So not all the bad news! We’ve done the hard work for you and we’ve looked at the free VPN options on the market right now to give you an accurate list of the best free VPN services that fit your needs.
The following list contains the best features of our preferred free VPN services. Needless to say, every free service compromised something, whether it be speed or data. But for free services, you can not do much better than these:
Now with ExpressVPN you can get the most expensive VPN for free for Kodi Firestick
At starting price of $ 12.95 a month, ExpressVPN is actually one of the most expensive VPNs we’ve tested. So, why are we listing it here with free VPNs?
If you are looking for a VPN only for a short time, for example, you will go to Russia or China for a week or two and would like to avoid strict online censorship, or leave the United States for a few weeks and do not want to miss your favorite movies on Netflix so we have the hack for you.
ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money back guarantee, no questions asked. So, you can sign up to get the best overall VPN we’ve tested and if you cancel within a month, it’s totally free.
If you see that you like and want to continue paying for the service, we suggest you click on this link and we’ll show you the discount page that they have hidden in the depths of their website.
- VPN faster, compatible with all devices
- Avoid the Netflix Geo Block
- Kill Switch and Data Leak protection
- Excellent option for China and other places of censorship, such as Russia and Turkey.
- Connect to over 148 locations in more than 90 countries
- Fully refundable if you are not satisfied!
- No option for an entirely free service
1. hide me
This Malaysia-based VPN provider has over 30 locations available worldwide and is very popular. However, its free version restricts server selection to Singapore, Canada and the Netherlands.
- Wide range of security protocols offered
- Decent connection speed for a free VPN
- Not part of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliance (This is good for your privacy)
- 2 GB limit on data usage every month
- Ideal for privacy in public hotspots or unlocking basic content (in available free positions)
- The 2GB limit, although generous, is not yet sufficient for prolonged periods of streaming and other heavy activities
- The free version is limited to 3 locations without servers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia or Eastern Europe.
The ultimate in “VPN services for beginners”, TunnelBear is probably the most user-friendly of the lot, although its free subscribers are limited to only 500 MB of traffic per month.
TunnelBear was recently purchased by McAfee, and now has the additional resources that come with a large company to continue developing top-of-the-line security and privacy updates to their VPN
- Free VPN without IP or data logging
- Over 22 million users worldwide
- It works on all the main devices
- Offers an extra 1 GB per month (in addition to the initial 500 MB) when tweeting on the company
- Simple to use
- Suitable for light downloads and video streaming
- The monthly data limit is lower than the ideal
- Very few advanced settings
- After purchasing McAfee, they are under US jurisdiction
Although not a completely free service, GooseVPN has a free 30-day trial. It offers excellent customer support with support 24/7 and promises to solve all problems within 3 hours! In addition, you have a 30-day money back guarantee from the first payment. For a short (or long-term) trip, GooseVPN is a great option.
- Free 30-day trial (automatically start uploading if you do not cancel your
- subscription after the trial period expires)
- An extensive network of over 50 servers worldwide
- Constant speed
- Intuitive platform
- You’ll have to start paying after the 30-day free-trial is over.
- No kill switch (although it’s in the works)
Windscribe is one of the best free VPNs out there. While its adblocker and firewall can be a bit aggressive, the generous amount of data from Windscribe and the right commitment to privacy make it easily one of our best free picks.
- 10 GB of data per month for the free VPN product (there is also a premium product)
- Great speed and variety in free server locations (United States, Canda, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Switzerland, United Kingdom)
- It does not store connection logs, IPs or visited sites
- It offers 5 GB more if you tweet the service
- Earn 1 GB more each time you send a friend
- Adblocker and integrated firewalls
- The customized “stealth” protocol is useful for circumventing geoblocks and censorship in China.
- Free users don’t have access to all the servers
One of the latest free VPN services available on the market, Proton is managed by experts who have already demonstrated their dedication to computer security with ProtonMail. This makes their privacy features among the best available on the market.
- No bandwidth limit on data
- Access to servers in the Netherlands, Japan, the United States and Switzerland
- No record
- Elegant and intuitive interface
- Free version is deliberately slower to encourage upgrading to paid packages
You see there are several decent options when it comes to free VPNs and the “catch” is simply sacrificing some of the services, speed and security you would get with a premium subscription-based VPN. If it works for your needs, then fantastic! Download one of the options above and enjoy the security benefits they offer.
If, however, you feel you need complete protection or want to avoid geographically blocked Netflix programs and movies from anywhere in the world, then you may want to invest a few dollars a month and switch to a premium VPN service.
If you decide to follow this path, you will not find a better value for your money than IPVanish, you will receive access to thousands of servers, top-of-the-line security protocols, access to the US Netflix Library and much more.
Why you need VPN on FireStick
Kodi Firestick is a plug-and-play device that allows you to access streaming services through the TV. It is also popular with Kodi users who install Kodi on the FireStick to combine their respective utilities. However, there are many things that can ruin your experience with FireStick. Here are some reasons why a VPN for FireStick is required.
1. Online surveillance
Would you be okay if someone kept an eye on everything you do on the internet? You might think for a minute that there’s nothing wrong with someone watching your streaming activity. But it’s like having someone sitting with you in your room and watching TV streaming without your consent or your knowledge. It’s more like someone peeing through the window at all times. It’s hard to believe that anyone feels comfortable with something like that, but with increasing government surveillance around the world, this is happening everywhere today.
Fire Stick is a device that gives you access to popular streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, etc. But the thing about these services is that they are geo-restricted, which means they are only available in certain parts of the world. Although Netflix is now available all over the world, Netflix libraries in different regions are not what you are looking for. It is the American version that is the best, but it is only for the citizens of the United States. Hulu is again a service only in the United States, while BBC iPlayer is a service only in the United Kingdom. This is basically due to content distribution rights, but it does not change the fact that people in other parts of the world are deprived of these services.
The situation is similar with Kodi Add-ons. Many of these provide access to these services, but geographical restrictions also play in turn. Sporting events face the regional blackout due to transmission problems, adding another problem to sports enthusiasts.
3. ISP limitation
When you use FireStick with Kodi and stream content without VPN, everyone can see your online activity. This includes your internet service provider. While you may think that there is nothing wrong if someone sees what you are looking through your FireStick, there is something you do not know. When your ISP sees that you are streaming, it reduces bandwidth as a means of balancing the load. The streaming requires a continuous Internet connection and the better the speed, the better the experience. But ISPs reduce network bandwidth when they see you’ve been streaming for a long time. This should not happen, but it happens.
How FireStick VPN can help
VPNs connect to the Internet through one of their servers. All traffic passing through these servers is encrypted by the VPN. In addition to encrypting traffic, these servers also hide your real IP address. The IP visible to anyone is that of the VPN server. The combination of data encryption and IP masking means that your online business is private and your identity anonymous when you use a VPN.
When you use a VPN on FireStick, you have some advantages.
- FireStick VPNs will give you access to all the content you want. Hide your real IP address, but you can use the IP address of the VPN server to your advantage. Any service determines your location through your IP address. If you choose a VPN server in a location where the streaming service is available, you can access it without restrictions. So, if you want to connect to Netflix USA or Amazon Instant Video, connect to a US server and you’re good to go. VPNs help you pretend you’re in a place you’re not.
- When you use FireStick with VPN, you can hide from all Tom and Big Brother peeping. Your streaming activity remains confidential. Although this is useful for privacy, it also helps to overcome the ISP limitation. If your ISP does not know that you’re broadcasting streaming TV shows or movies, it will not reduce the bandwidth of your network and you’ll enjoy streaming at high speed.
Best VPN for FireStick 2018
There are not many VPNs that work better with FireStick. After reviewing several VPNs in the last couple of months, I recommend only two VPN providers that work perfectly with Fire TV / Stick.
IPVanish:Best FireStick VPN
If you want an alternative to ExpressVPN, then you should use IPVanish. Identified as the fastest VPN on the planet, it does little to discredit its own statement. In fact, it offers some of the fastest VPN servers, but ExpressVPN stands at the top when it comes to the fastest VPN in the industry.
IPVanish provides strong encryption and maintains no-logs policy just like ExpressVPN. Installing IPVanish on FireStick is simple and the process takes 5 minutes. IPVanish also offers VPN solutions for routers, if you want to set up a VPN on FireStick using a router, you can choose IPVanish and complete the job easily.
ExpressVPN is probably the best VPN for FireStick. It is a VPN that offers satisfaction to all customers, whatever their needs. With ExpressVPN, you get the strongest and fastest VPN connections you can see. It has more than 1500 servers in 94 countries, so finding a server near you is never a problem.
You can use ExpressVPN on FireStick quite easily because it now has a dedicated app for Amazon Fire TV Stick. To install ExpressVPN on Fire TV, you can download the app or APK file, depending on the Fire TV Stick device you have. ExpressVPN also offers pre-configured routers and helps you configure VPN on your router. This means that you can use ExpressVPN on FireStick and enjoy the best TV viewing experience without restrictions.