Do you want to broadcast Kodi on Smart TV? Are you looking to enjoy the best movie or TV show experience on your home theater? This guide will show you how to install Kodi on LG, Vizio or Samsung Smart TV and easily transmit your favorite TV shows and movies on the big screen. For those who do not know what Kodi is, it’s a free open source software that has thousands of movies, songs, videos, TV shows to entertain and make your day more than amazing.
It basically helps you bring all the content together digitally and share it on multiple devices. We decided to create this simple guide on how to install Kodi on Smart TV so that our readers can use Kodi’s extraordinary capabilities.
For anything you need to look at on Kodi, you’ll need an add-on. There are a lot of add-ons for watching videos, movies, TV shows, etc. We also shared the additional guide of Afdah Kodi that allows you to watch movies on Kodi. These add-ons make it the best home theater software available today. Or you have an LG, Vizio or Samsung Smart TV, you will receive all the indications on if you can install Kodi on Smart TV, if so, then how to do it in simple steps.
Can Kodi be installed on Smart TV?
Kodi is officially available only for the Android operating system and anyone can download it from the Google Play Store. If you’re smart enough, you’ll get Kodi can only be installed on those Smart TVs that run on Android OS.
If you have a Smart TV that is not powered by the Android operating system, you can NOT install Kodi on it. Below are the different Smart TVs and their ability to run Kodi.
- Kodi on Vizio Smart TV (Android OS) – YES
- Kodi on LG Smart TV (WebOS) – NO
- Kodi on LG Smart TV (Android OS) – YES
- Kodi on Samsung Smart TV (Tizen OS) – NO
- Kodi on Samsung Smart TV (Android OS) – YES
How to Install Kodi on Vizio Smart TV
You can even install Kodi on Vizio Smart TV, but you’ll have to follow a different method because an Android client is required to do so. You can get a Roku, Firestick or Android TV box for the same. Read the following steps to implement this:
- Get a FireStick or Android TV box to add Kodi to your Smart TV
- Connect the Android TV stick to your Vizio SmartTV
- Install Kodi on your Android TV stick by going to the Google Play Store in the main Android TV stick menu
- Open Google Play Store
- Search for “Kodi”
- Select Kodi
- Install the app now
- Launch Kodi and install your favorite add-ons and start streaming movies, videos, etc.
As requested by users, we decided to explain how to install additional components after the successful installation of KODI.
- In KODI, access the File Manager, which is the System.
- Choose Add Source and enter ‘http://fusion.tvaddons.ag’ in the dialogue box. Select Done.
- Name it as Fusion and click OK.
- Navigate to the main menu and choose System. Further, click on Add-ons.
- Click on ‘Install from zip file’.
- Select fusion and click on ‘start-here’
- Click on ‘config.wizard.zip’ file.
- Be patient for some time until the config wizard installs.
- Complete the process with any prompts you to see on screen.
- Restart and launch KODI.
Most Smart TVs do not support direct KODI installation. The cheapest and easiest way is to use FireStick, Roku stick or Android TV Box to make your Smart TV even smarter. I hope we have been able to provide the necessary information in the easiest way. If you encounter any questions regarding the “jailbreak of VIZIO Smart TV”, refer to the comments section below. Do not forget to spread the word via Facebook or Twitter.
Kodi and all its add-ons offer an incredible amount of content, almost all free. The problem is that some of these unofficial extensions can access pirated movies and TV shows without your knowledge. This raised red flags with rights holders who blocked Kodi add-ons and pressured ISPs to reduce Kodi downloads or send copyright notifications to streamer.
You can protect yourself against these threats by using a virtual private network. VPNs create a secure tunnel between you and the Internet by encrypting data and sending it via remote servers. Nobody can tell who you are when you connect to a VPN, nor can they say what you are downloading.
The Best VPN for Kodi – IPVanish
No VPN protects you as IPVanish. The service has been practically realized for high-speed access to Kodi, as it offers the perfect balance between fast servers and strong privacy policies for maximum anonymous streaming. IPvanish’s custom software is extraordinarily light and easy to install on a wide range of devices. It also supports devices that many other VPNs ignore, including Fire TV Sticks! With IPVanish you will also have access to an incredible network of over 850 servers in 60 different countries, all optimized for optimal video streaming.
IPvanish protects your privacy by blocking data with a range of security features, starting with 256-bit AES encryption. The apps provide both protection against DNS leaks and an automatic kill switch to ensure that no detail goes by secretly in case of accidental disconnection, and behind all this there is a zero-logging policy on all traffic. With IPvanish you will always have a fast connection and complete online invisibility, regardless of stream or stream in streaming!
How to Install Kodi On Samsung Smart TV
You can get the Kodi Android app on Samsung Smart TV if it’s running on Android operating system. Although most Samsung Smart TVs run on Tizen and Kodi on Tizen OS are not available at the moment. So here’s the procedure to install Kodi on Samsung Smart TV:
- Go to Google Play Store on your Smart TV
- Search for “Kodi”
- Install it on your Smart TV by following the on-screen instructions
This is how you can get the Kodi Samsung Smart TV app. Now that you’re almost done, all you have to do is open Kodi and install your favorite add-ons to watch movies, TV shows, etc. You can install the 123Movies Kodi add-on to watch the latest movies or TV shows.
If you do not have Google Play Store on your Samsung Smart TV with Android technology, you must follow these steps:
- Download Kodi from the official website
- Transfer it to your TV using a USB flash drive
- Also install ES Explorer File or any other app
- Install the Kodi APK on your Samsung Smart TV
How to Install Kodi on LG Smart TV
One of the biggest brands for production electronics is LG. The LG Smart TV Kodi app can be obtained in a very simple way. Most LG Smart TVs are powered by the Android operating system, so you might be lucky here. You can easily install Kodi on LG Smart TV by following the steps below. There are many LG Smart TVs that also work on WebOS. But you can not run Kodi WebOS because Kodi currently supports only Android devices. Check the following steps to download Kodi on LG Smart TV:
- Open Google Play Store on your LG Smart TV
- Search for “Kodi”
- Install it on your system and you are done
Things to consider when you want to buy an Android Smart TV
There are a lot of advantages in buying an Android Smart TV, let’s discuss a few:
- Android is open source and allows a lot of apps to be downloaded
- Processor & RAM of a Smart TV are very crucial for streaming movies and HD content (eg. Kodi Samsung Smart TV)
- The content should be transferable to the Smart TV via USB flash drive
- Hardware and software support are things to be checked most of all (eg. Kodi Smart TV)
We advise you to think wisely and invest in the best option for your home and family. Investment in your entertainment is the best investment you can spend. Kodi for Samsung, LG and Vizio Smart TV powered by Android is a great app and will give you a lot of things here and there to have fun. We hope our guide to installing Kodi on Smart TV has helped you solve your problem. Feel free to comment below your questions or requests, we will help you as soon as possible. Share the article and thank you for reading. Continue to visit!